As we approach EASTER, which always brings a view of things Most Significant, I thought I'd pass on a little quiz from my man Chuck Swindoll. I hope as you take it you'll realize not only who has blessed your life and how, but you'll also be inspired to invest a bit into others this week...
No pen or paper required. You can do this one in your head:
Here’s the first set of questions:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world today.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners. Too tough? Then name the ten gold-medal winners from the recent Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
3. Name the winners of the Miss America pageant for the past five years.
4. Name ten people who have won either the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize (Okay, just name five! How about three?)
5. Name the last decade’s World Series winners. Or if that’s too tough, name the most valuable players for the last five World Series games.
My guess is you didn’t too well. Despite their renown, fame, and achievements, well-known award lose their luster, and the memories of who won them quickly fade.
Now let’s try a second part of the quiz:
1. Name two teachers who made a difference in your life.
2. Name three friends who were there for you during a difficult time.
3. Name a mentor or two who believed in you and thought of you as someone worthwhile.
4. Name five people you enjoy spending and evening with just because they’re fun to be with and you admire them greatly.
5. Name three or four heroes, living or dead, whose lives have inspired and encouraged you.
How did you do that time? You probably got an “A.” The real difference makers in life are those significant others who have pulled up close.
 Charles Swindoll, Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit, 301-302.